According to the Columbia Missouri Statesman from December 22, 1899, these were the items that were included in the Parker Memorial Hospital Time Capsule:
- Catalogue of University of Missouri. 1898-1899.
- Biennial report of board of curators to the 40th general assembly for two years ending Dec. 31, 1898.
- Copy of celebration of the semi-centennial anniversary of the founding of the University.
- Bulletin of experiment station.
- By-laws of Twilight Lodge No. 114, A.F. and A.M., Columbia, Mo.
- Columbia Missouri Herald.
- Columbia Missouri Statesman.
- M.S.U. Independent.
- C.N.A. Journal.
- Columbia Daily Hornet.
- Four pictures, views of the interior and exterior of University buildings.
- Printed program of exercises for laying of corner-stone.
- Holy Bible.
- Copy of instrument of donation by W. L. Parker for the hospital.
- Photograph of Wm. L. Parker.
- Bulletin of Mo. experiment station on Texas fever.
- Brief sketch of origin of the hospital.
- Resolutions of Twilight lodge.
- Coins - Five one-cent pieces; one 5-cent piece; one 10-cent piece; one 25-cent piece; one 50-cent piece.
Note: A number of the items found in the capsule were discarded due to moisture and mold damage. Discarded items are marked with a dashed (---) border.
Below is a photo list of the items recovered (and discarded) from the time capsule. Click on the images for additional detail!
Opening the Time Capsule Jesse Hall Rotunda, October 11, 2022.
Footage courtesy of Ben Stewart, MU Health Care Content Services.
Video edited for the exhibit by Kristyna Le.