MU stacked logo in yellow and black -- links to main university of missouri at columbia web site MU Libraries -- links to home page of the University Libraries of the University of Missouri at Columbia University Archives -- links to home page of the University Archives of the University of Missouri at Columbia MU stacked logo in yellow and black -- links to main university of missouri at columbia web site University Archives -- links to home page of the University Archives of the University of Missouri at Columbia University of Missouri -- links to home page of the University of Missouri at Columbia
A Division of the MU Libraries (MU Libraries, External Link)

MU in Brick and Mortar

A-Z Index | Contact Us | Home

Jesse Hall

Jesse Hall then and now. [Left] Postcard of the "Academic Hall" before 1917 (Courtesy of University Archives, University of Missouri: C:0/46/7) [Right] Jesse Hall, ca. 2006
Date designed: 1892
Date constructed: 1895
Date of dedication: June 4, 1895
Architect: Morris Frederick Bell
Named after: Dr. Richard Henry Jesse, MU president (1891-1908)
Historical/alternate names: Academic Hall (or New Academic Hall, as opposed to Old Academic Hall, which was destroyed by fire in 1892)
Institute of Museum and Library Services

This project was originally developed with support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act as administered by the state of Missouri.

703 Lewis Hall, Columbia, MO 65211
Phone: (573) 882-7567 | Fax (573) 884-0027
Email: muarchives@missouri.edu
An equal opportunity/access/affirmative action/pro-disabled
and veteran employer
.
DMCA and other copyright information.
Copyright ©2006 Curators of the University of Missouri
All rights reserved.
Published by: University Archives
Originally published by:
Building and Infrastructure Archives
Major Revision: June 2016