MU stacked logo in yellow and black -- links to main university of missouri at columbia web site MU Libraries -- links to home page of the University Libraries of the University of Missouri at Columbia University Archives -- links to home page of the University Archives of the University of Missouri at Columbia MU stacked logo in yellow and black -- links to main university of missouri at columbia web site University Archives -- links to home page of the University Archives of the University of Missouri at Columbia University of Missouri -- links to home page of the University of Missouri at Columbia
A Division of the MU Libraries (MU Libraries, External Link)

MU in Brick and Mortar

A-Z Index | Contact Us | Home

Residence on the Quad

The Chancellor's Residence then and now. [Left] The Chancellor's Residence after 1872 (Courtesy of University Archives, University of Missouri: Chancellor's Residence Vertical File) [Right] Residence on the Quad as seen today (Photo by MU Publications & Alumni Communication)
Date constructed: 1867
Architectural consultant: Jamieson and Spearl
Historical/alternate names: President's House, Chancellor's Residence
More information, including the legend of ghosts in the Residence.

Also see here.

Institute of Museum and Library Services

This project was originally developed with support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act as administered by the state of Missouri.

703 Lewis Hall, Columbia, MO 65211
Phone: (573) 882-7567 | Fax (573) 884-0027
Email: muarchives@missouri.edu
An equal opportunity/access/affirmative action/pro-disabled
and veteran employer
.
DMCA and other copyright information.
Copyright ©2006 Curators of the University of Missouri
All rights reserved.
Published by: University Archives
Originally published by:
Building and Infrastructure Archives
Major Revision: June 2016