MU in Brick and Mortar
[Left] McKee Gymnasium in 1922 (Courtesy of University Archives, University of Missouri C:0/47/12). [Right] McKee Gymnasium today (courtesy of the McKee Gymnasium, University of MO Western Historical Manuscripts Collection, Columbia, MO).Date designed: 1922
Date constructed: 1922
Date of dedication: May 5, 1974
Architectural consultant: Jamieson & Spearl, St. Louis, MO
Named after: Mary McKee, Head of Physical Education for Women at MU from 1923 to 1958
Historical/alternate names: Women's Gymnasium
This project was originally developed with support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act as administered by the state of Missouri.